Underworld Awakening

Kate Beckinsale returns once again to fight the new hord of Werewolves... Again!
Today the theme is vampires!

This is a kind of review I haven't done in a while. I've missed this film in the theater so I'm doing a late DVD review because I feel it's still worth it as a science-fantasy vampire movie.

I must say when the first Underworld movie came out I thought it was a huge success. It had the beautiful Kate Beckinsale, it had awesome Matrix-kinda effects, werewolves and vampires looked great and the action scenes were top noch... So yeah I liked it!

The problem is after three other movies (this being the latest) it seems the formula has diluted some how. We still get the vampires, the werewolves, the fight scenes, but they all look a little smaller, with less meaning and with less climax. I'm not saying that you would be disappointed if you're a fan, I'm just saying don't keep your hopes up if you're looking for a rising of the scale on this one.

Marvel has learned to top their movies, one after the other... to bad other movies just keep repeating the same thing over and over!


A disappointing 3 out of 5!

Comments

Popular Posts