Lucky me...

So... people are always saying that I complain about my luck or the lack of it, to be precise.

But the way I see it, if you're a 32 year old guy, with no job, no girlfriend, no car (wich is great for the enviroment but shitty for my social life), no friends to hang out and still living in your parents house, you have to assume that something went wrong somewhere in your life. If you're not a complete ass, if you've lost more jobs than you can count, and if you are a decent enough guy, you have to assume that the only reason you haven't made it is because you're just not lucky.

Here's an example...

Today I was suppose to met with a friend of mine from a town nearby. Since I don't have a car and am dependable on public transportation I had to take the train. But to get to the train I had to take the bus. We were hopping to meet around 5pm but there were no trains at that time so we set it for aroud 6pm. There were two trains: one at 5pm and another at 5:20 pm. I was hoping that in the case I lost one I still had the other to compensate... but instead I lost both of them, due to bus delays.

I called my friend and he said "no problem just get the next one". So I had to wait, in the train station, for 40 minutes for the next train. I boarded the train at 6pm and the trip would take around 45 minutes. I send a text-message to my friend and alert him that I was going to arrive at the station XXX (name not important) at 6:45pm so he would come and pick me up... but instead he waited for me at station YYY. When I got out of the train he was nowhere to be found. He called me and said that he was at YYY and I said "but I send you a message saying that I was going to XXX" and I had to wait another 30 minutes for him.

So far it seems only little misunderstandings right? Schedule and name swapping right? Wrong!

At the station I bought a ticket back so I wouldn't have to worry about the time when I came back, only to find that the ticket I bought had to be used before 8:50pm (and I was planning on coming back at 10 or 11pm).

After my frined got there we went staight to the restaurant to get something to eat. But unfortunatly it was karaoke night at this place so we couldn't hear anything either of us was talking about (and I hadn't seen him since november last year so we had a lot to talk). We didn't talk much and tried to go someplace else to catch up on our news.

We were gonna do just that when he got a call that is nephew was ill and he had to take him to the hospital. Of course I wasn't going to say that he couldn' go, I mean I have a nephew of my own... So he said he would take me back to the train station (the YYY this time) and since I already had bought the ticket it wouldn't be any problem.

RememberI was aiming for 5pm, I arrived at 6:45 and waited another 30 minutes, so I had been there only from 7:15pm. The problem was that we arrived at the station at 8:45pm and the train was only at... wait for it... 22:25! Wich meant I was going to have to make more than an hour and a half of absolutely nothing.

My friend apologised and left me, and I waited for the train... I got back to my home town at 23:10.

I must say that during this period my cellphone battery was at red level, so I had no ideia if the thing was going to die on me at any moment.

To make things worse (yes worse!) I recently developed a hearing problem that didn't made me sleep for the entire night, so you can imagine how stressed I was.

To conclude: between 16:30 and 23:10 (around 7 hours) I was with my friend for an hour and a half (that's 1:30) on a noisy restaurant and the rest was filled with bus rides, train rides, and waiting in train stations in the freaking cold. How lucky was that!!!???

I know what you're thinking... "So you had a bad day. That doesn't mean anything! Happends to everybody." and you would be right if this sort of thing didn't happend to me ALL THE TIME!

I have come to get used to this, so that's why when I say that something or another can go wrong, usually... it does!

Next time somebody thinks I'm being a little over the top about not having any luck. I'm just gonna remind him of this story.

See ya! (",)

Bookmark and Share

Comments

Pedro Cruz said…
Face it, man - Comics ruined your life!
NFTeixeira said…
Man I couldn't say it any better! :P

Popular Posts