Alice in Wonderland by Tim Burton

Hello people!

Yes I know it's been a while since I post anything new on my blog but here we are. This week I have not one, but two reviews. So let's get it going... Alice!

If you know the story of Alice in wonderland as it was written and you know Tim Burton's way of making movies, you may find the movie a little bit dull or even boring, but that is not my opinion of it.

I was expecting the dark humor and monochromatic looks of the whole thing but I was surprised with all the color and vivasity of th universe. It felt to me like one of the old (very old) stories in Jim Henson's Storyteller when I was young... and I enjoyed it a lot!

Maybe it was the Disney side of it, maybe the natural child inside me, but when I watched the movie I felt twelve again. A simple story, great characters, a lot of gags, nice looks and awesome concept design, fantasy is still fantasy in Tim Burton's mind and he makes no attempt to make it real.

Either a bounsing bunny, a desapering cat or a queen of hearts with an attitude, the movie worked fine and I for once came out with a desire to go home and dream of stories of "once upon a time..."

A 4 out of 5. (",)

Comments

Popular Posts