LOCKOUT

International Poster for LOCKOUT with Guy Pearce
Hello my movie loving fans,

If you're a fan of Luc Besson you know by now the is one of the most successful director "outside" Hollywood. I must admit that after such great movies as "The 5th Element" and more recently the kick-ass "Taken", I had some high hopes for this movie... Lockout!

First and foremost I love the character Snow played by Guy Pearce. You remember the wise cracking single minded bullshit talk hero that was famous in the 80's?! Well... He's back on this movie and not only is he funny, he's also fun! And the story reminds one of the "Escape from LA" movies but with a more intertwined situations and a kind of international plot behind it. 

I just had one problem with this movie... Either it went by too fast or the movie is too short (one or the other). I don't know if it was budget problems (due to special effects) or scripting issues (due to bad writing) but there are some moments in the story that were clearly shortened or way overcuted. I mean if you wanna find the backstory to the vilains... Good luck with that! Just not happening, sorry!

There's even a big collision/explosion that has absolutely no build up or climax. It's like... movie going fine... and then BAM! That's it. Really!? No backstory, no build up to the problem, no climax, nothing... just BAM there it is?! To me that's just sad cause I really liked the movie and wanted to know even more about the characters, the world, the technology... everything!

Oh well... Maybe they'll put in more scenes on the directors cut. Here's hoping!


A really fun deserved 3 (almost a 4) out of 5.

Comments

Popular Posts