DVD Review - Lincoln

The man who invented acting and the man who invented directing team up to bring us the most famous president in the history of the United States! 

Daniel Day-Lewis does it again!

I mean from the first moment it's almost a none succession of monologues and great conversations between well established actors that I could almost hear those Oscar votes just dropping every minute of the movie. And Daniel just plays the hell out of it every time!

I was most impressed with another historical fact that was unknown to me (and most people who have never read US History). Slavery was abolished by Republicans! You know... those gun loving, petrol addicted, war enthusiasts and Bush fans that are loved all around the world? Yeah! Those where the ones who actually free the slaves on the US. I mean my mind was blown by that fact alone!

Don't get me wrong, we (Europe I mean) did - and keep doing - our share of stupid stuff but I guess as America being the "younger nation", I was very impressed that this movie opened my eyes a bit to the whole "how America was made" theme.

It's not Spielberg's best but it is a very historical and political interesting movie, so it's well deserved a look if not only by that fact.


A 3 out of 5!

Comments

Popular Posts