Movie Review - Elysium

A man... five days to live... what would u do to survive? Matt Damon has the answer!

Hey guys,

Time for another great summer movie blockbuster review and what could be better than an all star cast big action movie like this one... Elysium!

Let me star off by saying I loved this movie! And when I say I loved it, it's not like your Star Wars love or this-is-the-most-awesome-thing-I've-ever-seen love. It's more like the new remake of Total Recall love. You know... when you take a great cast of promising or otherwise known actors cast like Matt Damon, Jodie Foster and (the soon to be oscar winner) Sharlto Copley, add some of the best concept and CG artist, mix it with a good story and get a masterpiece? That kind of love!

This is the type of movie people will say "Well... that looks a bit like Elysium" on future movies. I was first most impressed by Matt Damon himself. He's not your typical sci-fi man but he pulled it off quite nicely in this one with a deep interpretation of a man trying to do good with bad people. Jodie Foster is without flaw and - I must admit - I like the hard ass bitch that she portraits sometimes, suits her just fine! 

But the showstopper was Sharlto Copley!

I admit I didn't like him much has a villain in this movie. Matt his more the "hero" stereotype and he (Sharlton) just looks like a skinny bum  - most times. That for an all out rival just looks wrong. However he excels at being a outraged psychopath. He's perfect in his delusions of grandeur and his (very notorious) military atrocities background. He's scary not by look but by brains... and that was awesome!

I feel that this movie will split audiences because some will be expecting more action and other more story line but I, for once, was very impressed and cannot wait for the Blu-Ray with all the bits and pieces that made this movie possible.


A great 4 out of 5!

Comments

Popular Posts