DVD Review - Deepwater Horizon

This is one awesome cast for one awesome movie!
Hello everyone,

Time for another movie review. This time I bring you a movie that might have slipped your attention on the cinema but believe me it's well worth a look... Deepwater Horizon. If you don't know what happen on this deep water oil rig, it blew up and it was the cause of one of the worst oil spills in the history of the United States.

I was well aware of the true story and the images the TV news shown during almost a week of one of the most terrible environmental disasters I'd ever seen. That was one of the reasons I didn't see this film at the cinema. I had the notion that this was a "Let's try and show how brave and awesome we are after a major screwup." but I was wrong! This is a very accurate and brave attempt to show just how big and powerful the oil industry is and how it functions. 

It doesn't blame anyone particularly for the accident but it's a great testimony of just how bad - and let's be true here - how espectacular it was! I had fun, I was really driven into the story and I was mind-blown by the awesome visual effects. I mention all this cause the movie really surprised me and I think it's a great Sunday afternoon flick.


A most explosive three out of five.

Comments

Popular Posts