DVD Review - Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them

20's fashion and some sticks! The Potter universe deserved a bit more.
To be honest with all of you, I'm not or ever have been a Harry Potter fan. Not that I don't think it's a great children's book and had a great impact on children literature, I just feel that the franchise was marketed as a Lord of the Rings rival and, in that fashion, I've never seen such a great story in it!

Having said that - and having seen every Potter movie so far - I decided to have a go at this movie to see how much they could expand and maybe surprise us in this new film. And, in all honesty, I still have a hard time considering this as a good movie.

I mean sure it's entertaining and sure it's two hours of magic and beautiful creatures but I just felt like there was tons and tons of money just hammered into this movie without actually exploring more of the universe or even it's characters.

A world of magic beyond ours, check. Lovable and furry creatures, check. Magic, some, check. Actually something that will blow us into a new world of magical senses... not so much!

I still feel that this franchise is still being carried by a huge marketing machine that it's actually bigger than the books deserve themselves!


A three out of five!

Comments

Popular Posts