DVD Review - Star Wars: Rogue One

Look at all the characters that no one will care or remember in a year!
There isn't a better time to review this movie than right after the Star Wars: Episode VIII trailer's revealed! Why... cause I feel that Star Wars isn't really Star Wars anymore. More more like Star Chronicles.

First things first. I didn't saw this movie at the theaters cause - let's face it - I didn't like Episode VII that much that I needed to see this one.

Second. We all know the beginning and the end of this movie way before any of the characters so I was just waiting for the movie to end to say "Ok! No news here!".

Third. Logic to the story? You don't really need it! It envolves a dad and daughter (original isn't it), a separation, a reunion, father dies and there's a huge space ship battle at the end. Sound familiar?! Yeah, that's what I thought!

My problem with these new Star Wars (apart the overhype and the way too many money grabbing movies - five really?!) is the fact that there is nothing new to the universe on any of them. I repeat there is NOTHING NEW to the universe on any of them!

No new iconic scenes. No new eye opening experiences. No new heart breaking emotions. Nothing that would answer any questions or add anything to the existing universe anymore! There isn't even any new characters that might reveal something awesome that leaves me hoping for a new movie.

They all just look like they went to rejection basket of character and vehicles design, then had a bunch of meetings deciding how many screen time should the actors have to sell their toys, t-shirts and overall apparel and then made a story that would fit the visual effects budget and popcorn needs. That's it!

I was neither impress as a film goer or pleased as a fan. Sorry but this was just mediocre and I believe Star Wars deserved more!


A two out of five!

Comments

Popular Posts