Movie Review - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2

I won't lie... I wanted more!
Here's the thing...

I love Guardians of the Galaxy! It's an unknown comic with unknown characters (to most at least) and yet as a team of super-galactic-heroes-gag-movie it works out fine!

However, being the Marvel fan that I am, I'm always expecting that the newest movie of the multi universe franchise will show/tell us something new about the comic universe and be a new stepping stone on our way to Infinity Wars movies. And this didn't felt like any of that to me!

Sure it's a very well written, very funny, very entertaining movie but afterwards I didn't get that "OMG! I'm so excited about where this is going now!". It just felt like a loop in the Guardians life. A chapter that doesn't really add or takes anything from them. Like you get back right to the beginning, where no ones lives or goals are changed!

Those who have seen or, eventually, will see the movie will argue that some new characters emerge and others have a new role but I just didn't see it that way!

In any case... Bring popcorn! Bring a big refreshment! And be ready for two hours of good, clean Marvel movie fun!


A galactic three out of five!

Comments

Popular Posts