Movie Review - Black Panther

This movie got all the attention for all the wrong reasons.
Ok, first let me start of by being honest and say that I wasn't planning to watch Black Panther!

The reason I wasn't planning on seeing this movie is the same why I haven't watch the Iron Fist, Daredevil or Luke Cage TV series. These heroes are not the most famous or well know in the  Marvel universe. So, as I'd done with Thor: Ragnarok (2017) I decided to hear some review and only then made my decision to see it!

Yes, some reviews were a bit bias (for good and bad) but still I decided to see it for myself. That, and the fact that this movie wouldn't probably reach DVD before the Avenger: Infinity War (coming 2018) movie came out.

And let me tell you I did not regret it. This is a good movie!

I mean, it's not a great movie and it's not a bad movie. It's a good clean fun superheroes movie. Yes, political questions are addressed in the movie but, to me, this was just as good as seeing the first Thor (2011) film.

The new universe, new characters, new narrative and new action, new problems and a superhero king in the middle of it. It opens a lot of new, diverse possibilities to the franchise and it explores a bit more complex humanity issues in all aspects of it.

I liked the characters, the cast (those fierce female warriors), the costumes, the performance and the vibe of the film. The only thing that made me not like it entirely is that the story is almost the same as Thor (The sins of the father become the sins of the son kinda routine - Lion King in the mix and all). I mean, it's fine as a starting point for a new hero franchise but I guess they could of gone a different way but that's irrelevant it was just personal taste.

It's a good solid movie and a great honorable superhero that sends a positive powerful message to all. A great way for Black Panther to enter the Marvel cinematic universe and that's why I liked it!


A three out out of five!


Comments

Popular Posts