DVD Review - Coco

Somehow I feel like I've seen all of this before...
Hello everyone and welcome to yet another blogger review by yours truly.

I had the time to watch Coco these past few days and I'm now ready to declare my thoughts on it, and my thoughts are... It's average!

Don't get me wrong, it's a great story, a beautiful film and an awesome heartwarming kids movie, the problem is I already saw most of the elements of the film in Guillermo Del Toro "Book of Life" (2014). I mean from a visual point of view the films are so similar one could almost say one was a concept copy of the other.

Yes, the stories have nothing in common but the acoustic latin guitar music, the "Dia de los Muertos" background, the cross between worlds... I mean it's like they took the same elements and just made another movie.

Now, is the movie bad for it? No, not even remotely. I like the movie and I even shed my tear at the end but the fact is that I was always having this "dejá vu" feeling watching the entire movie making me uncomfortable all the way through and, from a creativity stand point, I felt this was nothing short of a Pixar rip-off.


That's why I'm giving it a 3 out of 5. 

Comments

Popular Posts