DVD Review - Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle

This poster reflects - all to well - the mess that the movie is!
"Welcome to the Jungle"?! Where have I heard that before? Oh yeah! It was another movie by Van Damme (2013) a few year ago set of course in a jungle. But I digress...

Hello boys and girls and welcome to another movie/film review by me here. I've haven't done much reviewing lately since there isn't really anything good to talk about before the release of Infinity War (I'm sure you've already seen the trailer by now) so I took a step back at last year and watch a few other movies on my bucket list. Jumanji 2, or Welcome to the Jungle, was one of them.

I first watch Jumanji back in 1995 and although Robin Williams (1951-2014) was already Robin Williams, the movie shifted from horror to fantasy to romance a bit too quickly for my taste. At the end of it all it felt like a Spilbergien (if that's a word) attempt to make a fantasy, African flavored movie with mix results.

This one was a bit different... for worse!

While the first one had the classic kid adventure nostalgia of the 90's, this one just felt like an over-budget teenage action/comedy flick. I mean, sure it does the job of making you eat popcorn and have two hours of eye popping scenes but at the end none of the characters are memorable or interesting. Gag's are basic, the story is kinda copy paste of the old one but now it's a video game not a board game and that's kinda it!

It's sad cause some of the cast really looks like they're trying to make it into a good fun movie but it all just comes out silly and pointless. Apologies to "The Rock" and Jack Black but, for what is worth, I'm glad I didn't see this in the theaters.


A kiddy two out of five.

Comments

Popular Posts