DVD Review - The Equalizer 2

Japanese people still make the very best movie design banners/posters.

Holidays are always a great time to catch up on the movies you missed the entire year, and this is a nice example of such a movie.

For those who don't know, I'm a fan of Denzel Washington ever since I saw his performance in American Gangster (2007) and I always like to see him action roles. However, this is a little detour of that total badass character we saw in The Equalizer 1 (2014). 

Here, Robert McCall is a much more stable, under the radar character, not looking for any trouble or war. I find that this time Denzel tried to give it a more emotional, almost paternal like, feel to the character and with great success. But in the end, I feel as an action movie (which was what I was expecting) it just doesn't deliver such a heavy punch as the previous one.

I still enjoyed it, especially his conversations with Ashton Sander and the futility of his life but all in all, it's all a bit lost mid movie. A nice flick for a rainy Sunday afternoon!


Three out of five!

Comments

Popular Posts