The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Rooney Mara and Daniel Craig try to resolve a mystery in the envolved in shadow for over thirty years
Before we start I must admit to two very distinct things.

One, I am a biiiig fan of Daniel Craig. I know I only found out about him in the new Bond movies but lets admit... He's one of the coolest actors in hollywood now. Second I am not a fan of the books nor had I even read anything about them or their characters prior to seeing the movie.

That being said I must admit that I was very pleased with this one. It has a fenomenal cast (Rooney Mara as "the girl") is absolutely amazing and the overall plot/story/argument is just fantastic. I loved the overall ambience and feel of the movie most of all. You get transported to a place to meet a very strange and yet very (almost) real family and in the middle of all this... a murder unsolved.

David Fincher is not known for making crowd pleasers but I think in this case he made a very easy-to-understan but a little hard-to-follow movie. And yet, when you reach the end fo the movie, you get a feeling of a real involvement in the characters and their journey trough out the plot.

I'm not a big fan of these movies as you may guess. Come'on... No special effects to fill the screen, no explosions, no light sabers but in this one I must admit I was pleased. That and the fact that "the girl" is one kick ass lady! I like that in a woman!

I great 4 out of 5!

(",)

Comments

Popular Posts