DVD Review - Battleship

Who's gonna save the world from the Aliens?! The US Navy...yes... again!

Hello again my friends!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Years Eve cause now you have a whole years of movies and entertainment to look forward to. And to start things off here's my first review of the year 2013... Battleship!

Yes I know I could have picked a better movie and a better story to review but contrary to most reviews, by the all mighty and powerful film critics, I think this movie works very well as a home experience.

Don't get me wrong, when it comes to story line or scrip, I guess we can all agree that it's pretty poor. I mean a message to a the wrong planet starts a world invasion that only the US Navy can withstand?! Please... that's so 80's ago!

But still...

The cast is not all unappealing! I mean we have Liam Neeson, we have Taylor Kitsch (that I really liked on John Carter of Mars) and on a minor role Rihanna... Ok, so the Rihanna thing didn't quite work but believe me she did a much better job than some of the big names of pop music on screen (Madonna and Cher flukes anyone?).

But the reason I think this movie worked for me (again... at home) is the overall FX's scenes reminded of a new Transformers, 2012 all catastrophe movie. It has action, gag's, fun and you can fill more than an hour on popcorn and laughs. I mean, you can even laugh on how bad it is if you like but you'll still laugh!

If you wanna find the new sci-fi adventure saga stay clear of this movie but if you wanna just get lazy, grab some KFC and popcorn and be a couch potato for two hours... You've found your winner!



An entertaining (and bad) 3 out of 5.

Comments

Popular Posts