DVD review - Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV

The poster actual is - fortunately - pretty close to the overall mood of the game!
This is a hard one for me,

I mean I'm a fan of Final Fantasy (FF) since forever. I've played the games, loved the world, been dedicated hours and hours to exploring all the universe and battle all the foes in there. But this... This was something different!

There's already been two other FF movies and they both tried really hard to play the CG acting card really hard but I must say this was their best effort yet. I mean after not even five minutes you can almost say the characters are real (and some even are - after being facemap on computer). This is one sweet example of brilliant animator work.

Not only that, this is a good plot/story for a new universe to explore. Sure I like the colorful and playful color palette but this plays well for a more dark and serious FF.

All in all this is a good movie for any fan/player of the series and (let's face it) this is for who the movie was made. If you're not a fan of CG movies or FF, you might still enjoy it but it will be a long shot.

For me... Awesome!


A four out of five!

Comments

Popular Posts