DVD Review - The Magnificent Seven

Hollywood bringing back the old western classics... How nice!
Howdy partner!

If there's a genre that never grows old in film, no matter how many times you've seen it, it's the westerns. I saw them when I was younger with my grandparents, the old John Wayne classics, and it seems Hollywood has not grown tired of them as well.

This is not a Clint Eastwood drama like Unforgiven but a more run-and-gun, action packed, remake of the old classic by the same name. I can't say it's better than the original but I'm happy they are not letting this genre die out just yet.

It has a varied and well know cast. It has a simple to follow and engaging story. And, most of all it's a fun, flavored movie to watch during a lazy Sunday afternoon. Almost makes me nostalgic of my old grandparents movie afternoons.


A three out of five!

Comments

Popular Posts