DVD Review - Man of Tai Chi

Chinese folks do the most awesome movie posters! And for this movie... They work just fine!
This was a nice surprise for me...

I like action kung-fu movies (after all who doesn't right?) but when I heard that Keanu Reeves was not only acting but also directing a chinese based production movie of this genre I must admit my first thoughts were "He's gonna screw this up big time!" but (and much to my surprise) I was wrong!

To give a few insight in the movie, Keanu plays the villain and it is his personal kung-fu trainer for the Matrix movies - Tiger Hu Chen - that takes the leading role as a young man trying to make a name for himself and his martial art - Tai Chi. This might look like a not-so-good combination at first but it actually worked! It also worked because the fight sequences were the responsibility of Yuen Woo-Ping. That's right... the Matrix action director.

Anyway, like I said, the movies works! It's a simple story, cool characters and best of all a lot of cool action. If you like that kind of movies you will not be disappointed!



A cool action 3 out of 5!

Comments

Popular Posts