Movie review - Sin City: A Dame to Kill for

Marv is back to the silver screen... and he's no innocent!
If you know your comics, I'm sure you've heard of Frank Miller and Sin City. If you don't know comics but like movies... I'm sure you've heard of Sin City!

This is the sequel to the 2005 movie by the same name and director - Robert Rodriguez - and explores the same vision and stories of acclaimed comic creator turn also director Frank Miller. The thing is... why so late?

If you've seen the first one, this is almost a copy like movie. Same vibe, same dark action, same cast almost and same feeling of a good quality new vision on movies. But... nine years later and it's all the same? I don't understand that. Sure in the long run you'll see both films and not be affected by such a long distance between them but I'm a fan so I don't understand how a sequel to an already good recipe could take so long.

Hollywood rumors stated that it was delayed because of Frank Millers controversial statements on public media - not about the movie - but more about his political/religious views on some of the world subjects. I'm not gonna get into that cause I think that all artists (and even some people) have a very personal, introspective, sometimes even closed view on a subject - and rightly so maybe - but that is also why their art stands out from the norm I guess.

Anyway, the movie is very dark and I think the first one stroke me more than this one (the first punch hurst more... the rest are just heavy rain). I got this felling of waiting too long for the same thing. Like waiting for the sequel to Hobbit but nine years later.

Having said all that... this is a comic fan must see!


A three out of five!

Comments

Popular Posts