Game Review - Deus EX Human Revolution: Director's Cut

I'd watch this movie if they ever made it! Fortunately we get a new version of the game first!
About damn time!

Yes it's been almost half a year since I've done any game review but this was just one of those I just couldn't pass a second time. And I'm glad I didn't cause if this game was awesome the first time now it's just (almost) perfect!

First of all let me say that I am not a great FPS fan or even gamer. I take my time, like to explore, to talk, to get myself immersed on a universe and only then I go all out action. So, I have to say, coming into the game I had more than a difficult time getting adjusted to all the shooting and the whole new trigger happy controls I had to deal with. But - once that difficult curve was passed - it was all out fun and play!

This game is great not only by the universe it presents but also by the great story and plot it envolves you in. Who's to say that this is not a possible future for mankind, and what questions will it arise for developed and underdeveloped countries or companies? And what are the consequences both for social and economic powers? A very interesting and intelligent storyline for any gamer with a feel for the real world problems we face today.

The only problem I had with this game was when I got the feel for the game itself, with all the controls and gameplay well learned, the game ended! Yes I only had a real feel for the game on the last chapters. Most times I felt like I was playing a Klonoa, meaning when I knew all the answers, layouts, guns and questions of a level... it was over!

Fortunately (in this version) once you finish you can repeat the game with all augments you've saved from the last chapter - the much welcome "new game +" feature - leaving you with that "super-man" feeling once you play it again.

I advise it to everyone, even if, like me, at first you may feel you are not a fan of the shooting genre games.


A five out of five for any hardcore badass gamer out there!

Comments

Popular Posts