Movie Review - The Expendables 3

For those who think you can only put one or two celebrities in each movie... Stallone proves you wrong yet again!
Hi guys,

So after some nice long and well deserved vacations, I'm back for some summer movie blockbuster reviews and I start with some of our good old muscle, trigger happy friends... The Expendables 3.

This is just what you'd expect from another Stallone kick in the ass, bullet to the brain, action pack, explosive movie feats. Lots of 80's and 90's action big celebrities coming together to fight a new evil. The twist - if you can even call it that - is that this time we have some new young blood added to the mix.

I must say while I did enjoy seeing Ronda Rousey and she does have some great on camera moments, I'm sad to say that the same attention was not given to Victor Ortiz. I know we probably can't compare stars in this but I think Ortiz - being the boxer that he is - could at least get one decent fight sequence! As for the the other "kids", they where there just to look good and maybe captivate some female-forced-to-see-action-movies audience.

I was mostly impressed with Wesley Snipes and Antonio Banderas return. These "forgotten" movie stars still can - and probably will - carry a movie on their back since they remained very dynamic, styled and even funny in the whole movie.

All in all, if you've lived in nitty-gritty era of action movies, you'll still enjoy this!


A most formidable comeback three out of five!

Comments

Popular Posts