DVD Review - Chappie

This is a pretty accurate image... of the last thirty minutes of the movie!
So after the overall of asian movies I just did for you guys, I know return with a review way long over due. Chappie!

By now everyone has seen this movie and has nothing but good things to say... everyone but me!

This movie has some good things, mainly the story and the concept behind it. Not a new concept, machine that becomes "aware" and develops feelings, but here done in a new way! So, a good director, a good cast (always love Sigourney Weaver), a good concept and great FX's so what's the problem?! Well...

The problem is the movie is only good for it's last thirty minutes!

I mean everything up to the last thirty minutes you've already seen, heard or experienced in some other movies by the same thematic. Not only that I found out after I've seen the movie, that the couple Ninja and Yo-Landi are actually music performers (Die Antwoord) so that also explains some of the not-so-good-acting on it!

But those thirty minutes... Loved them!


And for those thirty minutes, three out of five!

Comments

Popular Posts