DVD Review - Zootopia

Animals in a big metropolis?!... Where I've I seen this before!?
Disney being Disney!

Some years ago I came across a comic by the name Blacksad. Blacksad is a dark crime detective comic that portraits a black cat named Blacksad (original no?) in a universe full of human scale form animals.

Now Disney comes with a cop story portrait in the same universe, coincidence?! Chance?! Remix of a remix?! I don't know and frankly I don't care cause I loved both universes. However I was expecting a more compelling story than what was delivered.

The problem with Disney these days is that every single scene of their movies goes to at least a thousand meetings before it's approved for the final film and seeing as this one was made (check the making of - google it) we can see that the end result is a mix of bits and pieces of the entire ideas, not all of them good or worth it.

Now I'm not saying it's a bad movie. No, no, no.. It's just not to it's entire potencial and I get the end feeling that this was more of a franchise debut than an actual try to make something truly amazing.

Either way you can't go wrong with the universe and cute animals so, enjoy it!


A roaring three out of five!

Comments

Popular Posts