Series Review - Love, Death & Robots

Taking the risk of being to blunt: Just watch it!

Ok, I don't usually give reviews on series but I often give reviews on short movies, animations or otherwise, so that's why I'm reviewing this. You can thank me later!

Love, Death & Robots (LDR) is a Netflix sponsored mini-series of 18 short animation movies that revolve around exactly those themes and, if you're a fan of animation), only a few pictures from the trailer will immediately trigger your imagination to what's beyond.

And (I'm just gonna be totally blunt here) I was absolutely blown away! Not since Animatrix (2003) was released was I so in awe of something like this in animation!

Not only by the stories, that are all fantastic and take a very distinct approach to animation, but also the out of this world attention to detail and finesse on each of them. The craft, the plot, the twists (or not), the characters, universes, techniques, it was all just amazing to watch and re-watch.

I will advise some Parental Guidance on some of the episodes in the series, since some chapters are quite extreme indeed. But, after seeing all episodes, my entire mind was "When can we get more of this?!".

Congrats to Netflix for betting on these kinds of "lost projects" and delivering them so beautifully and strongly as this one is.


My ultimate "must watch" five out of five!

Comments

Popular Posts