DVD Review - The (not so) Amazing Spider-Man

The "new" Spider-Man reboot movie! If they're planning to make two more and getting him on the Avengers... They have a lot of work cut out for them!
Hya folks,

As you can guess from the title I just had a chance to see the "new" Spider-Man movie on DVD and I felt a little (well a lot) happy that I didn't spend any movie on seing it on the theater cause, seriously... this was a big disappointment!

Let me explain...

When this movie came out (which was like right after the awesome mind blowing Avenger), I thought to myself "There's no way in Hell a Spider-Man reboot is ever gonna top that!" but I got a lot of good feedback from this movie: "It was really good! Better than the first three movies! Really great!"  -  someone said to me. And as much as I didn't believe it I said to myself "I'll catch the DVD after!"

Big mistake!

This movie has nothing new, nothing grand, nothing good or better or different than the other three or the first one for that matter. The hero is too cool to be an underdog, the vilain is lame and the overall plot or even romance interest is more than obvious. The only thing, and let me repeat THE ONLY thing that this movie has better than the others, are the fighting sequences! More dynamic, more vibrante and a lot faster. 

Unfortunately this doesn't come close to saving the movie or Spider-Man for that matter. And, to prove my point, instead of the usual movie trailer, I will leave you with the "honest" (and true) version of the film - no need for thanks!



A bad bad 2 out of 5!

Comments

Popular Posts