Game Review - DMC

Dante is back and this time he has a few new tricks (and some new enemies) to deal with! Bring them on!

Hey guys,

Been quite some time since I've done one of these. I haven't had that much free time but now it's time for another game review to fill the old blog.

I must say that this game is one of those where I had a change of heart since it was announced until it's release. First and foremost I am a big Devil May Cry fan. Ever since it came out that I loved the universe, the action and (of course) the hero but through the years, the franchise has lost a bit of it's flavor... too much vampire stuff, not enough demons and devils stuff, that was a shame.

To make it even worse, when this game was announced it got a terrible reception by the fans. The hero was more of a emo kid - his hair wasn't even white for God sakes - then an actual anti-hero badass. This didn't sit well at all with the fans and yeah... with me too.

Fortunately as the game progressed, developer Ninja Theory seemed to listen more and more to the fans and looked really committed in delivering a real DMC experience we could enjoy.

And that they did!

The game is good, the game is very good, if the game had a bit more exploring and puzzle solving, it would be an excellent game really! I loved the characters, not so much by their visual appeal (that I must admit they are a bit debatable) but by their backstory and personality. The limbo alternative universe was quito something to play in, and the overall feeling and action were something really original. And for the fifth game of the genre I must tell you I was quite impressed.

There are a few issues of course: Battle combos are easy to do but take long to master, there are no ultimate weapons of mass destruction, exploration is almost futile (except for the secret missions) and upgrading Dante will take you more than just massive kills. But, even with all that, I really enjoyed the game and was a bit sad cause I found it a bit short.

None the less I hope they continue this universe for the next games but with a bit more diversion and a more open world game... that would also be nice!



A very awesome 4 out of 5!

Comments

Popular Posts