Anime Review - Short Peace

If you know Katsuhiro Otomo's work... You'll  already know this is good!
Hi everyone,

Been kind of a slow first trimester in movies for me. The Blockbuster season is just ahead and I'm very excited for some of the upcoming films but I'll talk about that in the comings months. In the meanwhile I have a new Anime to share with you guys. And if you like anime (I mean who doesn't) you'll love this... Short Peace!

First let me just say that his is a compilation of four short animation movies much like the great Memories by the same Director Katsuhiro Otomo and all but one, travel into the mist and myth of japan folk tales one way or another.

"Possession" by Shuhei Morita, follows a traveler haunted my spirits and demons when he decides to spend the night at an abandoned temple. "Combustible" by Katsuhiro Otomo follows a tragic love story of a woman destined to a forced weeding. "Gambo" by Hiroaki Ando is a little girls pledge to a spirit to protect her. And "A Farewell to Arms" by Hajime Katoki is just something Michael Bay dreams of doing one day but is to shitless to get it right!

All these movies have more value by their animation then by their story - I mean they are short pieces after all - but they all try and convey with us a sense of wonder or drama or just some new feeling for the animation itself.

I loved all of them! Especially the last one that is just something so new and awesome that it's a mystery why Hollywood hasn't done something similar yet. But I understand... You would need some actual creative process for that!



A most undoubtedly 5 out of 5!

Comments

Popular Posts