Game Review - Evoland

Welcome to the Land where it's not the hero that evolves... it's the game!

Hi guys,

I must say that this is a first for me. I usually never play PC games but this one got me so intrigued I just had to give it a go and see it for myself. Welcome to the awesome evolutionary world of... Evoland!

To start off, I must admit that I'm a big fan of RPG's (that's Role Playing Games for all you none locals), especially JRPG (the "J" stands for Japanese) and so it was from my very early teens that I got in touch with such awesome games like Final Fantasy, Zelda, Secret of Mana, Xenogears, and some others like these that really expand my taste for adventure in gaming.

Evoland incorporates most of these games, well not games but gameplay, in one single evolutionary game. You start off with a very 8-bit, two way action game and work your way to the most recent Zelda like adventure. It makes you relive all those great games of old in one single cohesive game altogether. Which I mus say it's pretty awesome! 

But of course it's not perfect!

First the game is short. So short that I can't really call it an RPG. More like a mini version of that or maybe a chapter.  I finish the game in about 8-10 hours, including all the stars and cards you can find hidden in the game, so it's a bit small. The second is I would love to see more "evolution". More enemies, better graphics, more evolved gameplay. I would of love to see the "Evoland" of today!

I can understand that the game was made on a very small budget (crowdfunding) and not enough people were involved to make it bigger but still... It would of been even more awesome!

If u are an RPG fan, I encourage you to get this game and relive the last 30 years of role playing fantasy, even for only a few hours.



A fantastic 3 out of 5.

Comments

Popular Posts