DVD Review - 3 Days to Kill

"Oh my God! It's Kevin Costner! Back in an action movie! Must be awesome!" Well... Yes and no... But mostly no!
Hey guys,

Just a quick review of yet another Luc Besson flavored action movie. I am a big fan of Luc since he first started with "Leon - The Professional" and have always liked is kind of nitty gritty action flicks. He's just one of those guys that still makes himself loyal to the old kick-to-the-balls, punch-to-the-face, exploding-everything kinda movies and.. who doesn't love that!

It seems now, every Hollywood self made actor has to make a film with him just to get back his "man card". John Travolta did it in "From Paris with Love", Jet Li with "Kiss of the Dragon" and let's not forget Liam Neeson with his awesome performance in "Taken", "Taken 2" and pretty soon "Taken 3". So I guess this was Kevin Costner turn at renewing his card.

And so he did!

Ok this is not the best action movie you'll see, of course not! But, since we all love Kevin and he is still a great actor, seeing him kicking and fighting always brings a nostalgia teardrop to our eyes. I liked how he was made into a father figure without losing his charm and class and I even like some aspects of the storyline as well but... that's pretty much as far as I go on what I liked.

Now, to be honest, this is a bad movie. Kevin's great (GO Kevin!). Actions has that european Besson flavor that I love, now the script?! Oh my God it was bad! I mean really bad! I don't wanna spoil it for you but if you see the first five minutes of the movie carefully, you pretty much already know how it's gonna end! And yes some actions movies do that but this one (I guess) tries to "hide it in plain sight" but misses the point completely. I still have trouble thinking about why did they make it like that!

Anyway, Costner is great and you can't say anything about the action either but that's it!



A "please-Costner-come-back" 2 out of 5. Now give'm back his "man card" please!

Comments

Popular Posts