Anime Review - Rakuen Tsuiho: Expelled From Paradise

Ok so you got the sci-fi lolita, the cool mecha and the dude... what's not to like?!
Hya folks and welcome to 2015!

Yeah I know it's been a while but I've been a bit busy starting the new year and just now got time for my first review of 2015. Oh yeahhh!

I start the year with a kind of review that I haven't done in a while. Anime! I love anime and I must say that this was a very slow year when it comes to full feature great anime movies. We had some good ones but no big surprises. So now, at the end of 2014, we see a new movie with an original story and well... I was very pleased with this!

No! Not mind blown crazy action like in Kill La Kill (my favorite show of 2014) but still, considering the 3D cell shaded anime technique and the start/finish action sequences, I must say this was a very good effort.

The story is set on a future where the wealthy privileged live an immortal life on a satellite above Earth, while the poor runts are forced to live on a down here on the desert plane that is the surface. The plot follows an investigator (Angela) sent from the virtual Paradise above to investigate a series of network hacks that have been disturbing the utopia peace. 

It's really a simple story that - in my opinion - stretches a bit too much. We have great action sequences (Beginning and End as I've said) but between them we have too much talk and not so much point in the story. If the movie had just one hour, it would be a great one hour movie but, because it takes to long to reach the end and nothing really changes I kinda got bored in the middle. (But I did loved how they made an older virtual woman fit into a sixteen year old girl and not be weird at all. After all this is the future! Ahahah)

Anyway, at least the finale is worth it! And to me... that's enough!



A good - and well worth the look for any anime fan - three out of five!

Comments

Popular Posts