DVD Review - Dragon Blade

I will admit, China has the best movie posters I've seen. Unfortunately, we can't say the same for the actual movies!
It's been a really long time since I've seen Jackie Chan on a new movie!

I mean, he's made movies... just not anything I've been even mildly interested to see. I was interested to see this cause I felt that the cast could maybe bring something new or different (even after seen the trailer) and here's what I have to say about it.

I liked the concept of the movie. The mix-mash of cultures and fighting styles. The mix of characters and the overall mood of the movie was ok! I thought Adrien Brody was a badass villain and I think Jackie (despite clearly not at the top of his game anymore) could still have a good role in a story.

However...

The movie mixes way to much plot lines and has a huge turn to the more gore and bloody halfway throughout  in the film. That was enough to make me thing that maybe the director was juggling too much stuff at one point. We have some scenes with great VFX and other we're we can see that the action was not given enough attention. Nothing that made me be surprised... but it's just disappointing!

In any case, since I am a Brody fan, I hope to see him play more major (villainess) roles in the future.


A three out of five!

Comments

Popular Posts