DVD Review - Blade Runner 2049

Same aesthetics. Same drama. Same character. I just wish they'd pushed it a little further.
Blade Runner,

The iconic Ridley Scott movie of 1982 finally got a sequel. But, after all the dust has settle is this better, worse just more of the same? In spite of all the controversy backlash that's followed the movie after failing in the cinemas, I have to admit the movie is just as good as the original. And by "just as good" I mean more of the same.

Let me start off by saying I liked that they made a sequel and not a prequel or a reboot of this movie. I'm tired of Hollywood always trying the same old recipes all the time and here, they took a leap of faith and moved forward. My problem? They didn't move forward enough.

I liked the visual, the slow pace (true to the original), I liked that Ryan Gosling character backstory and I like the overall plot. But why did the story have to follow Harrison Ford again? I rather they pushed it like one hundred year after the original movie cause the plot would still work.  I just feel they've tried too much to be faithful to the original and they could maybe go a little further in the Human/Replicant controversy.

All in all it's a good movie. I'm not gonna say it's a great movie cause there simple wasn't enough content to make me feel full after seeing it but still... a good movie!


A three out of five.

Comments

Popular Posts