DVD Review - The Foreigner

They changed the Jackie persona with some success.
Jackie Chan to this day is still one of the most well know and beloved action hero around.

Sure, some of his later movies have not been great (or even good for that matter) but he still drives the interest of the audiences whenever there's a new international movie to hit the scene. And, in this new movie - I have to admit - he kinda did surprise me!

I was waiting for another failed attempt to make a Jackie Chan comeback movie. A Taken (2008) look at an old funny character. Well... they've actually made a good job here!

Sure, the story doesn't make much sense at first and there's still some back and forth between following him (Jackie) or Pierce Brosnan but, in the end, the movie works. It's a well written political action movie and I was even impressed that Jackie Chan could pull off such a dramatized character.

I enjoyed it but I can't really say that he's made a "comeback". Just a good movie (again, not great). 


A three out of five.

Also, [Spoiler Alert] the end credits feature a Jackie Chan song and I rather he made his signature blooper reel really. He's a terrible singer.

Comments

Popular Posts