Movie Review - Sicario: Day of the Soldado

This film has a lot going for it. I just hope it has a lot more in the future also!

Disclaimer, right off the bat, this is not a movie. Well... Not in it's entirety! 

A movie is supposed to have a beginning, a middle and a end. This has only two of these three so it can't quite qualify as a whole movie. What this feels like is more the pilot episode for a upcoming cartel series with some kick ass production value.

Now, having said all this, is Sicario: Day of the Soldado worth a watch? In my opinion, definitely yes!

This is the start of another chapter on a story that as much more to give. The movie as a slow suspensive pace to it complemented with great bullet action scenes and the number of narratives to follow. I liked the synergy between Benicio and Brolin, I liked the political/military implications of the plot, I liked the storyline and how it kept me guessing all throwout the movie and I sincerely liked the movie and do hope this franchise doesn't stop here. 

A great contra-terrorism military movie that any political/action fan - like me - will enjoy.



A three out of five.

Comments

Popular Posts