Movie Review - Looper

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is the past Willis in this awesome action sci-fi movie that will blow your mind!

So yesterday I went to the movies… what movie you ask? Looper and yes I liked it!

To start off I must tell you I am a big fan of Joseph Gordon-Levitt, not just the actor but the enthusiasm he brings to every project (movie or otherwise) that I see him getting in.

And this movie is a great example of just that. With (i believe was) a not-so-big-budget budget and only one big name to it's count - the always amazing Bruce Willis - he made not only a good movie but a statement on the movie industry with this "you don't need big money to make great film".

I'm not gonna ruin the movie for you but I can tell you that I see a lot of influence by some of the most creative entertaiment media in this film. Be it comics, other sic-fi movies, cartoons, even anime, I mean it could almost be a full geek movie but with a serious, new flavor to it.

I was glued to my chair the entire time. I loved the characters and all the cross-twist in the plot and even the end didn't ruin anything for me. I loved it, I really hope that he makes more and more of these movies, because it's these kind of little projects (even so it is a BIG movie) that make me enjoy something new every time I go to the movies.

Joseph makes such a great cut on playing Willis that if I didn't know I would say he was Willis! A really superbe performance by the new "DiCappio" of his generation. Let there be more...



A twisted four out of five!

Comments

Popular Posts