DVD Review - Silent Hill Revelations

Silent Hill Revelations! Just as bad as any other teenage horror flick... but on 3D!
Hya folks,

Say, do you like horror movies? Do you like action movies? Do you like action and horror movies. If your answer is yes then I would advise you to stay clear of this review.

Now, now... Don't get your pants in a twits because of this, after all I did see the movie. I always loved to see the newest adaptations of games to movies. Resident Evil is going there (I'm not saying that the movies are any good but they're going...), Mortal combat (3 movies), Street Fighter (don't even get me started) and the excellent adaptation of Prince of Persia - the only one that made it in my opinion.

So why Silent Hill?

Well, to start with I didn't play the games. I know they're kind of a "Resident Evil" thing but not much of the action. Still I like the premise and the story of it and the first movie I kinda liked it - I mean considering the movie adaptations at the time - it was really good. This however... Not so much!

To much gore, to much bad acting, to much VFX and not enough thriller or story. I liked to see Sean Bean in it but that's about it. It looks more like another teenager horror gore movie than anything else. And that I think it's just a bad homage to the game and to the fans.


My opinion... A horrible 2 out of 5.

Comments

Popular Posts