Movie Review - Wreck It Ralph

Ralph just wanted a medal... but he got a whole more than that when he left his game to search for one!

Hey animation lovers out there,

After the Oscars I just had to know by myself if indeed "Brave" deserved the Oscar for best animated feature. I had already seen Brave and I thought it was "Memh!", so after the award winning ceremony I just had to see if Wreck It was better or not.

My opinion... Ralph got screwed!

I understand that the whole flowing hair and highland theme in Brave is a much more dramatic setting and leeds to a more humaine story but Ralph... Ralph is the modern day story of Toy Story!

In my opinion it has the same vibe as Toys, only this time, instead of actual toys, you have game characters. Me and most kids will definitely recognize most arcade games, heroes, gags and the whole new universe of fun and colors made by Disney.

The story is also a big deal here. I loved the whole back and forth between Ralph and Vanillope and how the backstories seem to fill the (sometimes) void of questions the movie has. I even liked "The Iron Giant" moment in the movie. I'm telling you... tears came out!

In a nut shell, I haven't had so much fun viewing a film since Kung-Fu Panda and I see no reason why this movie didn't won the Oscar since is a lot better than Brave! Don't believe me? Juts ask any 6 year old!


A wrecking 5 out of 5!

Comments

Popular Posts