DVD Review - Cloud Atlas

After V for Vendetta this is one Wachowski movie you will not stay indifferent after you see it!

Hey folks,

Being sick as his ups and downs. The downs is being stuck home in bed, the ups... catching up on some good movies. And this one was suggested to me by my brother - the Wachowski fan - Cloud Atlas!

I have to say I had some mixed feelings about this movie. We all know the big success that "The Matrix" movies were but it seems after that (Andy and now Lana Wachowski) fell into that gap of misunderstood or just forgetful Hollywood directors.

Before this they made only Speed Racer (not that great we can all agree) and V for Vendetta (which I really like btw) and to teel you the truth I liked this one as well. I even started to think that it could have had an Oscar at some point just for the characters that every actor has to portrait in the movie.

The story, yes... it gets confusing at times, but the whole premise of the movie is to make you step back a bit and see the whole picture (or pictures) that intertwined each other at one time or another.

It's not and easy movie to digest and boy is it long (too long I recon) but I have go give props to the Wachowski for being the first to ever try to make a piece of full mainstream cinema like this one... at least with a fairy amount of success.

If you see it be prepared. It won't be easy, but at the end it will leave your mind open to a new concept of film and humanity.



A very humain 3 out of 5!

Comments

Popular Posts