Movie Review - Fast & Furious 6

Way better the when it first started! And I don't think they'll stop soon...

Buckle up people... cause this one will take you for a ride!

I have to say that I was NOT a Fast and Furious (FF) fan when it first started. I saw too much "bling", too much "booty", too much of the "f-bomb" and I thought "they're just trying to sell Diesel again" and, for the most part, I was rightI As soon as Vin left, the franchise took a down turn and nobody seem to find it interesting anymore.

The movie that changed it for me was Tokyo Drift! I saw it and I thought it made more sense than the others. An out-of-placed kid in a out-of-placed town just trying to fit in through his driving skills. Not only that, he still had to learn how to drift. You know? "Miyagi" style stuff!

After that, not only did they bring Vin Diesel back, they made the change from "nitro hot rod teen tuning gang" to "big muscle special forces precision driving team". That was the seller for me!

I must say that I really enjoyed FF5 with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. I thought a bit of muscle never hurt nobody and it was a nice come back for the whole team. That lead me to this one... and let me tell you I was not disappointed. Quite the contrary!

Lots of cool stunts, funny gags, some MMA fights, great action and especially great driving/racing sequences. This is absolutely a great "pop-corn" movie if there ever was one. And this summer its just one you must not miss. If you still don't  have the DVD collection... now would be a good time to start thinking about getting one!


A most furious 5 out of 5.

P.S. I hope they bring Sean "The Kid" Boswell back for FF7.

Comments

Popular Posts