DVD Review - Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters

Brothers Hansel and Gretel set on a quest to kill a witch that holds the secret to their past. 

Hya folks,

So this is yet another great weekend of fun and (of course) movies. This time I was in the mood for some witches, horror and fun, so I picked up a film that I missed at the theathers... Hansel and Gretel, Witch Hunters!

First and foremost as soon as I saw the MTV films logo appear, I immediately thought "Ops... my bad!" and the movie didn't prove me wrong! I mean it is kind of a B movie. Sure the actors are top  Hollywood "celebrities" but the production value was maintained a bit on the low low for this one (as most MTV movies do).

A lot of "f-bombs", a lot of blood and gore for the teenagers to have a laugh, and of course the usual gag to keep thinks fun and such, but I felt that the movie was just... that! No more universe to explore, no more depth to the characters. Just like a fast-food, a fast paced, fasted moving, fast minded (rushed is more de word) movie.

If you've seen "Van Helsing" by Stephen Summers, you will make some comparisons, but frankly I think that Helsing was better. More production value, better actors, better FX's, better gag's, a better movie altogether.

Still, if you wanna spend a good night, watching a fun movie, with some pop-corn... I guess you could do worse!


A modest 3 out of 5.

Comments

Popular Posts