Anime Review - Garden of Words

Makoto Shinkai never ceases to amaze me... and he did it again!

Hello all you anime fans out there!

This will be my second review this year (after the always awesome Evangelion 3.33) I know come to you with the latest from a great creator/director idol of mine... Makoto's Sinkai The garden of Words.

The story follows a clear platonic romance between a student (a shoe maker) and an older woman that he only meets on a zen garden when it rains. Long story short... it's a drama!

I first became a fan o Makoto Shinkai after his first solo movie "Voices from a Distant Star" and he's becoming ever more and more a greater artist in his field and this movie shows just that. Amazing backgrounds, mood colors, animation, lines, story, even music is all amazing. Keep in mind that this is kinda of and "indie" animation still.

I do hope you see it in all it's blu-ray glory and keep it for inspiration and just a good anime movie if you ever saw one.

I'm a fan so I'm a bit bios on this but I loved it and I hope one day he'll have a chance to make a feature animation of his own!


A 5 out of 5!

Comments

Popular Posts