DVD Review - World War Z

The only zombie movie that I liked so much that I cannot wait for a sequel.

Zombie flicks... Oh yes!

First let me be honest, I don't like zombie movies! Not only I do not like zombie movies... I really really hate them. All zombie movies follow three simple rules. Zombies kill, group of actors gets smaller and smaller till only one of them survives and after the credits that one surviver gets killed by the never defeated zombies - that's pretty much it!

Or so I thought...

This is a very different zombie movie. First the zombies are called "Zecks" which is also a nice change, then they are not zombies as the undead but more like consumed by a virus (ok that's also true in Resident Evil but here that's really the core of the film) and the best is that this is not so much a gore movie but more of an adventure where a UN investigator tries to find the source of the virus. Turning an all out action movie into a kinda roller coster investigation special unit.

Sure, the Zecks are there but we are almost trying to figure what the hell happen ourselves. Brad Pitt play an awesome hippie dad fueled by his concern of his family and the overall cast and mood of the movie is just great. Oh... there's also like a million zombies at a time on the scree... but's kinda secondary actually.

I really liked it and I cannot wait for the sequel (rumors). 


A very zombified 4 out of 5.

Comments

Popular Posts