Game Review - Remember Me

Capcom is back with this very awesome sci-fi action game that you will not forget!

Hello all you good looking sack of people,

This time I bring something different to my blog and wanna talk about one of the latest games I've played and enjoyed. Please take a time and let's... Remember Me.

First I must admit I was really eager to see and play this game, namely because it carries the name Aleksi Briclot - one of the most prolific and inspirational new age illustrators I've ever seen. I already knew about his work on other projects and when I heard he was making a game with the master editor of action games Capcom, I knew we were in for a great game. And let me tell you... it is a great game!

The story is a captivating and exhilarating tale of an female amnesic Memory Hunter by the name of Nilin who wakes up with no memory in the fortress/prison of La Bastille, smack in the middle of Neo-Paris. The whole concept and mood of the game has a feel of a Deus EX Human but with a more European look that I really much enjoyed.

Even before I got my hands on the game I already acquired the art-book, so I new it was gonna look amazing. And it really does! I mean, half the time I was just looking around at the sets, visuals and all the crooks and crannies of the game - which pays off a lot I might add.

So, the story is great and the game looks awesome but as all master pieces it has a minor flaw... And it's called combat system! When I say combat system I'm not talking about gameplay - in that regard the game plays as great as any Devil May Cry action game but when the fights begin, then we have a problem!

The problem with Remember Me is, that after all the God of War, all the DMC and Darksiders her combat system (consisting of a series of almost perfectly timed button presses) feels "bumpy" and "unfamiliar" since to make even a simple 5 hit combo gets really hard. And when the fights get to hard to perform, the game starts getting frustrating (particularly in some boss fights). But, even having said that, the game still feels pretty cool.

So all in all I liked it far more then the "new" DMC and I hope DONTNOD and Capcom will continue to make more and more games with this level in the future - With a few tweeks on the combat side.


A unforgettable 4 out of 5!

Comments

Popular Posts