DVD Review - Hammer of the Gods

Don't let the movie poster fool you... this movie is miles away from 300.
This was a surprise to me... ok, not a great-awesome-surprise but a surprise none the less.

I first heard of this movie through a FX blog that talked that this kinda "indie" movie was gonna look really good and I must say, for my part the movie does really look good. Not only does it look good but the cast is an all out future success actors that could very well play the next Hollywood big budget action summer hits.

I particularly liked the main hero Steinar (Charlie Bewley - yah that guy from Twilight). He reminded me of a young Brad Pitt but with a more cool/badass look! All in all this movie was a surprise, both visually as story wise.

But of course this is NOT a big budget summer movie so the production value is so low that it couldn't possibly make it rise above water level. If you're into comic stories and wanna try something a little dark, a little new and a little viking... please be my guest and enjoy it!


Because it couldn't give it more... a 2 out of 5.

Comments

Popular Posts