Movie Review - The Hobbit 2: The Desolation of Smaug

An Hobbit, some Dwarfs and a Wizard are on a quest to end a Dragon... and I guess some elfs just tagged along!
Hello people and welcome to my last movie review of 2013,

This was a very good and fantastic year for great movies like Man of Steel, Iron Man 3, Elysium or Pacific Rim (just to name a few) but to end on a great note it had to be the movie we spent a whole year waiting for... The Hobbit 2.

What can I say about yet another Peter Jackson - Tolkien Universe adaptation that has not yet been said or written? Not much I presume but I'll try anyway.

First let me start off by saying this is the most "loose" adaptation of the Tolkien story I've ever seen. First cause Legolas was not in the original book and second... LEGOLAS WAS NOT IN THE BOOK!

Don't get me wrong he's there and he fits the part but this is one of those things I can only comprehend by the marketing strategist of the studio who wanted (as always) more audience - and I mean female audience - to boost up the receipts of the film.

If they wanted to make it a better adaptation they could of tell the Aragorn chase and imprisonment of Gollum! That is in the books and it's more impelling to the story of the ring!

But anyway, as for the actual movie... It's great!

Middle - Earth shines once again through the eyes of Peter and all it's characters and heroes. Expect one sweet kick ass dragon and more battling dwarfs and elfs then your mind can consume. There are a couple of more surprises but I let you Tolkien fans find out in the movie. Final word... Go see it! Now!


A most well earned 5 out of 5!

Comments

Popular Posts