DVD Review - Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

This might look like an Ape taking over a city but it's actually a deeply moving story.
I'm not always wrong when I see the first trailer of a movie,

I've seen a lot of movies, a lot of times, all genres, many languages and techniques, so when I see a trailer I can say - with fair certainty - if I like it or not but I'm human so... I don't always get it right! Of course that has only happen twice so far also.

This has only been the second time where I saw a trailer and was wrong about the depth and overall quality of the movie. First time was on World War Z. I thought what everyone thought "Zombies! I've had it with zombies!". But after seeing the movie I was amazed of how it was about the investigation, the "decease", the human factor, the medical side and the movie is pretty awesome.

This time I thought "Apes! I've had it with Apes!" but guess what? Eheh. I was wrong again! This was a deeply moving film. Not about apes, or humans, or apes and humans, but about how man evolved and in it's evolution it became this violent "animal" we can't always control.

A very well constructed story. A very emotional tale. And if you thing most time you'll just gonna see Apes, you' re wrong! Most time you'll only see emotion! So be warned, next time you see Zombies or Apes remember... they might actually be great movies.



A most deserving four out of five!

Comments

Popular Posts