DVD Review - Southpaw

If you think this is just another boxing movie... think again!
Hey guys,

Starting the new week with a very nice movie about the world of boxing. I know most of you are thinking what I was thinking before I saw this movie "Oh great! Another Rocky Stallone look-a-remake movie! Booooorrriiinnnng!" but I must warn you... You'd be mistaken!

This is a great movie not only about boxing, but also about family, about training, about getting up after a fall, and also about two great performances from Jake Gyllenhaal and Forest Whitaker.

After a while u almost forget it's about boxing. It's about something close to all of us! And about the commitment we all make to get the best for all around us.

I really liked this movie. I found it compelling and I loved the actors work on it. Yes the boxing sequences could be a bit more "real" but from all the rest, I loved it and I advice you to take a look.


A four out of five!

Comments

Popular Posts