Dante's Inferno & Halo Legends Anime

There is a reason why I decided to review these two films in one post, mainly because they are both a compile of short-films by oriental studios inspired by a videogame. I thing this is a good way to make more with the same core material but I'm not shore of the results. First off...


Halo Legends

Halo Legends DVD Cover - Special Edition
Inspired by the Halo Games by Bungie, with more or less expansions, this is a great anime for all anime fans. I admit I didn't know the universe of Halo and was always intrigued by the all buzz about it. After seing the films I must admit the script is a very well writen one but the universe doesn't have enough to keep me going. There are three races who are fighting eatch other for whatever reason but there is no depth to there call to war. Basically they fight for the same lame reasons as a bad sci-fi movie... they just don't like humans and humans have to defend themselves over and over.



I was however happy to know the story of master chief and of the spartan program but I think they could have exploy it more. And now for...

Dante's Inferno

Dante's Inferno Anime Poster
I must admit that this was a lot more to my liking. The Dantes Inferno universe, by EA (Electronic Arts) is one we are familiar with. The nine circles of Hell, Lucifer, Demons and one big kick ass Hero. Because the universe concentrates more on one character, the story has more flow and action to it. And (let's face it) you get to see a human fight with the lord of Hell himself... How cool is that!?



So there you are. If your an anime/manga fan you'll enjoy them both (like I did) but if you have to chose just one, I advice you to Dante's Inferno because the story is more film-like and the has a lot more action.

Halo Legends gets a 4 out of 5 | Dante's Infeno 5 out 5... That's my ruling!

(",)

Comments

Popular Posts