Game Review - Darksiders 2

Death comes to the aid of his wronged sibling... stopping at nothing to protect his brother War! 

Well, well, well... seems someone as been going back to games isn't it?!

But what can I say? This is absolutely one of my favorite games ever! If you read my blog you will find that I already loved the first one for a great many number of reasons: Cause it's cool, and badass, and fun, and the action is awesome, and the Universe is amazing, and above all it's Joe MAD's vision made game, and this... this was even awesomer!

I know "awesomer" isn't a real word but that's exactly how I feel about this game. It's like Darksiders... but more! Much, much more!

First of, we play with a very high cool character "After War comes Death". And who hasn't at some point in time wished he (or she) was Death? But this is no ordinary black-cloak nazgul-looking death. This is one mighty bitching bad ass of a mother f... well, you get the point! Just to say that the main character (and all the game actually) looked so awesome that I literally just stood around looking at those magnificent sets, characters and items, all across the landscape. It was like being teleported to a "He-man" Universe only better cause I could play it.

The action is pretty much the dominant factor in the game. You have more weapons that any Link can carry and they all can be combined one way or another. You can fully customize your character from top to bottom (something most action games don't really mind much), you can merge weapons for special skills that are really important in some boss fight, and you have awesome boss fights too.

The down side is that you don't get to enjoy the full game without one or two DLC (and you all know I hate that). For one the Abissal Armor - that was my pride and joy in the first game once you finished - here, needs to be bought and earned in a DLC and that my friends, is just totally uncool! Besides that and the story not really getting anywhere at the end, everything else is top noch!

In one word, the game is "awesomer" (there it is again) than anything I've played in a long time!


A most complete and deserved 5 out of 5.


Comments

Popular Posts